Lifestyle Behaviors, Subjective Health, and Quality of Life Among Chinese Men Living With Type 2 Diabetes.

Auteur(s) :
Bishwajit G., Tang S., Yaya S., He Z., Feng Z.
Date :
Déc, 2016
Source(s) :
American journal of men’s health. # p
Adresse :
School of Medicine & Health Management, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China brammaputram@gmail.com.

Sommaire de l'article

The aim of the present study was to investigate the association between self-reported health (SRH) and quality of life (QoL) with five lifestyle-related behaviors including tobacco smoking, drinking alcohol, physical activity status, consumption of fruits, and consumption of vegetables among men diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Participants were 786 Chinese men older than 40 years and living in urban households. Cross-sectional data on self-rated health, associated sociodemographics, and health-related behaviors were collected from the Study on Global AGEing and Health (Wave 1) of World Health Organization. Results of multivariable regression reported significant association with adherence to healthy lifestyle behavior and SRH but not QoL. According to the results, percentage of men who reported being in good SRH was overwhelmingly high (95.9%) compared with good QoL (5%). Adherence to healthy behavior was strongly associated with SRH in both bivariate and multivariate analysis, adjusted odds ratio (95% confidence interval) of good SRH for nonsmokers: 1.276 [1.055, 2.773], nondrinkers:1.351 [1.066, 3.923], taking physical exercise: 1.267 [1.117, 3.109], consuming at least five servings of fruits: 1.238 [1.034, 6.552], and vegetables: 1.365 [1.032, 3.885]. The current findings suggest that abstention from tobacco and alcohol, optimum consumption of fruits and vegetables, regular physical exercise could have marked impact on the health status of diabetic men.

Source : Pubmed
Retour